Saturday, June 2, 2007

A short entry about me

My name is Joshua Ng. I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My education is in Sri Cempaka(primary school, Msia), Sri Cempaka(secondary school, Msia), East Doncaster Secondary College(college, Melbourne Aus) and University of Melbourne(Melbourne Australia). Currently I am in my first years of the Bachelor of Commerce degree in University of Melbourne.

I was born in Pantai Hospital, Selangor, Malaysia at 5 something am on the 22nd of February 1988. I am the first kid of my parents and was much loved. I grew up in Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, until the age of 12 when I moved to Shah Alam, Selangor and was where I lived until I moved again to Australia. In Australia I'm currently staying in East Doncaster, Melbourne.

I was mostly raised by a single parent, my dad, throughout the young stages of my life(I believe I've just became a young adult), because my mom had past away when I was 7 years old. It was tragic, but I have come far since, and have long since gotten over it. I am currently 19 and proud to be a bachelor at my age. Throughout my life, I've done alot of travelling with my dad to places in Malaysia and abroad such as Australia. My family is in the middle income group and we have not yet achieved financial independence to be called rich.

I grew up in a private school, and alot of the early years of my life revolves around the activities and going-ons in that school, as I matured and learn much life lessons. That is also where I got the chance to develop my intelligence and a passion for knowledge in general.

To describe the sort of person I am, I would say that I love knowledge and love to read books alot. I like to be challenged mentally as well as spending extravagant amounts of time trying to "get" a particular concept or solving a mathematical question or quiz. I can say I am a mainstream science follower, and that there is very little arts in me. However, in university, I made the turn when I decided to take up Bachelor of Commerce.

My interest in commerce started in 2006 when I took up a few books on economics as well as biographies of people in finance such as Warren Buffett. I immediately knew I belonged there and set myself on this path. I've come a long way since then, and no regrets yet.

Another big part of my life is my religion, Christianity. I have been a believer of God ever since I was about 5 years old. That was when Auntie Pat baptised me using the water from my dad's bathroom. But the real commitment towards Christ only came when I was 16, a tragedy struck, and from then I was a christian reborn and started to follow Christ more faithfully.

I'll blog more about me in entries to come. Hope you enjoyed this entry about me and might it have somehow reflected on your past or a certain aspect of your life?

1 comment:

Geraldine said...

Konichiwa Kenjisan =)
Geraldine here. Interesting post...