Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Business plan competition!

By the grace of God, we have made it to the next round! This round is going to be much tougher, with competition from MBS(Melbourne Business School) So the big question is, what chance does a first year have against graduates and students doing masters? Who knows, with God all things are possible.

It was a while since I have attented the graduate Melbourne University Entrepreneurial(MUEC) launch. It's been even longer since I have joined the competition. This business plan competition was orginally opened to undergraduates. Now it is open to graduates. So, effectively, the undergraduates had to go one round of qualification before they were on the same stage as the graduates. Not everyone made it through, my friend didn't, who was in another team. I am not sure about other teams. But I'm sure one team, TeaLife, made it through. I met a few other undergraduate teams in the launch and we had a fun time conversing and chatting.

Now, we are once again working hard for the competition. What a challenging competition this is! With exams coming up, bogged down by one last assignment, I cannot wait for this whole event to actually be over. Freedom once against. To be able to do whatever I want. Ah, doesn't everyone wish that. Suddenly, I have a craving for breaks. But not like a break where I don't get to meet friends. Breaks full of friends! But also the time and space to be on my own awhile. Honestly, that helps keep one's sanity.

Well, if my business plan team is reading this, good luck to you! We are definitely working hard and if God wills, we may just succeed again to the next round. Good luck to everyone out there who plans to or is in a competition at the moment! How more fast pacing life can be.