Thursday, March 20, 2008

Damien Leith, holidays and the businesses so far

I would like to start this blog by saying that Damien Leith - 22 steps is an awesome awesome song. I have been repeat playing this song since I downloaded it, which you can say was a few hours ago. I am just a big big fan of Damien Leith. Anyone who hasn't heard of his songs before, he is Australian Idol 2006 and one of the best singers I have ever heard, honestly.

Holidays have begun for me! How exciting is this... uni has just been going on for 3 long weeks. I am glad that I am finally having a break again. Next thing is to think about what I am going to do during the holidays. One thing for certain is that I am going to wake up late! I have been lacking of sleep lately... so glad to have this break so that I can wake up as late as I want. Even though waking early does have its benefits like feeling fresh and starting a long day right.

Some update on the businesses in our portfolio. The businesses we hold in our portfolio are currently BHP Billiton, Westfield, JB Hi Fi and ASX Limited. BHP's iron ore division has been quite active and been buying some assets lately. BHP also agreed to become an official sponsor of the Olympics, and hoping that by throwing money at the Olympics now will translate to profits later. Westfield has been pretty quiet about its developments but it still does hold $7.7billion in liquidity, which effectively gives it its A rating by rating agencies. JB in my opinion is performing well even though they did not release much results bout performances. A quick look at their shops has shown that they are still busy trading, and with Easter coming across the weekend, it can only mean good things for them. Their debt levels still remain low and management is one of the best in the industry I have ever seen. Trading on ASX has been quite profitable with all the volatility in sharemarkets going on. I hope this translates into more profits for ASX. There seems to be vast amounts of trading going on lately with the ASX around the 5000-5300 level lately.

Overall, I look forward to the coming week/s and months. We'll see what God has in store for each of us as time passes and remember to have a positive look on life and that any adversity is opportunity in disguise!

No comments: