Sunday, March 14, 2010

Second week of uni

This has indeed been yet another busy week for me. Honours year has just been demanding in a lot of aspects!

This week tutes have finally started and I experienced what it feels like to be a corporate finance tutor. I understand now how it feels to be a corpfi tutor. Pretty tiring to teach but an awesome feeling in some ways.

This week has been full of job applications as well as preparing for my honours year. Honours is actually quite a busy year as you had to juggle 4 subjects at once as well as focus on finding a topic for my research essay due at the end of the year. Nonetheless, I want to make this an enjoyable year where I can have fun, find a job as well as do well in my honours year.

We celebrated ZeYing's birthday on Thursday this week where we had a small surprise for her. Most importantly, she was half surprised and it was a good time for all of us. We had a few laughs and enjoyed the potluck food that everyone brought for that night.

I had my first pool competition on Friday, where I was playing as part of the Melbourne Uni Pool Club Social League. It was quite fun, but I lost the match. I still enjoyed the experience and look forward to become a better pool player in the future.

Saturday was quite a busy day for me as well as I was out the whole day. I went to witness the Flash Mob Dance at Federation Square, caught up with Tim, Budiaman and Tu, then at night went to play Mahjong at ZeYing's house. I sleptover at Li Hong's place because the next day I had the Run for the Kids Marathon happening. Suffice to say, it was a great experience running just 5km and I am definitely going to join the 10km or 21km event in the Melbourne Marathon happening later this year.

As I look forward, I know that I have a lot to look forward to, and I can't wait to experience this year! To a good week ahead. Cheers.

No comments: