Hi all, I am proud to finally announce that my partnership has finally been created. It is called Kenjisan Investments. If you are wondering what it means, kenji is actually my chinese name, -san is a japanese word, so people like to call me kenjisan. And Investments speaks for itself. Kenjisan Investments is a partnership officially and legally established on the 5th of September 2007.
The origins of this partnership were as follows. One day my good friend Jeremy Lim came up to me and asked me to start up something so we can invest together. Being very naive but also excited about the prospect, we followed up by investing together in the sharemarket under my name. Soon after, our second good friend, Chan Jun Kai, joined us after I had told him about what we recently did. My recently found good friend, Kelvin Chuah, with whom I have joined various competitions with in university(and won) also decided to join in on this investment journey. With a philosophy and direction in mind, we ran our first investment group together with the aim of being a long-term investor.
Our first three investments started from a humble beginning of $1600, contributed equally by the four of us. We diversified into three shares, and they were recommendations from a financial services company. They were performing badly and over the short-term we were losing out, down to about 15% at one time. But each month since, we have been adding new capital to our group, and our latest investments were based on research done by our own. The latest investments outperformed all other investments and we even managed to break even, offsetting the loss caused by the first 3 shares. To make things even spectacular, since we have invested in the sharemarket, the market index has fallen until the present and is still below the level at which we had started investing.
Soon, our investment pool had grown to a level of $3700. One day, my other friend, Stella Loong, questioned me about our investments. She made me think twice about the way we were doing it, whether it was actually legal to put the investments under my name. Coming to my senses, I felt that it was wrong and that we had to legally establish a partnership. And that was what I just did. A month later, I registered for a Business Name and a Business Number. Our partnership, Kenjisan Investments, with original members Joshua Ng(me), Jeremy Lim, Chan Jun Kai, and Kelvin Chuah was established. My future vision for this partnership is that it will grow, and soon maybe we will be managing an investment pool of more than $10,000.
I look forward to the best. May God be with us throughout the journey which I have committed myself to. Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment