Recently, I have been bogged down by many things. Firstly, there is uni and all the assignments. Can't the uni ever give enough of it? The answer is no. I wish I could be participating full time in a business, I can skip the uni part. But I know that uni is good for me, it molds my thinking, it prepares me for my future. Uni really cares about me, that is the message I get.
But what do they really care about? For the first time after I have joined university have I found out that uni is a business. What an exciting, profound thing. And guess what about uni, it is private! Now that makes it even more exciting. Somebody out there, while providing countless education opportunities to so many people, is actually making a profit out of this. And they rarely promote this fact to the media. It is very subtle.
What is the motive of a business? The aim is to maximise profit. I am not getting at university here, just trying to clarify a few things. I appreciate the fact that uni is giving much education to me. But sometimes I feel they are charging a little too much. When somebody cannot afford an education, the marginal person have lost their education to the fact that somebody is trying to profit maximise. That is just not right. Maybe I feel that education shouldn't be in the hands of the private. Maybe it should be public. Since education is a public good. The government could play a more active role in education.
But with government schools already under their arm, is uni a defining heavy load on them? Perhaps so, perhaps not. But we live in an imperfect world, so choosing one relates to an opportunity cost of another. I understand that not everyone is sympathetic. But with all the charitable efforts going around, one would stop and think, hey why are there so many uneducated people, but yet someone is making huge profits running a university? We shouldn't look elsewhere when finding solutions to education, and start looking at removing tertiary education from the hands of private people first.
Enough about tertiary education, and moving on to my partnership. Things have been going slowly so far. My plan is to move my shares together with my original partners to the new partnership, which will comprise of more members and a bigger fund. I am so excited about the prospect. But there are still lots more to do. There are the signing up of the new members, registering of the business, setting up of the banking accounts, choosing which shares to buy and finally, buying shares. This is the slow part. I expect it to be faster after that.
Anyone who runs a business or did it before knows how I feel and understands what on earth am I blablering about. And there is also the business cards. My friend Jordan is going to design a logo for the partnership. I have told him I want a nice, simple logo. And I believe he has the skills to do that. I just cannot wait, and words cannot express how much I anticipate the day when everything is running.
I remain positive but the main reason and objective is going to take a lifetime to accomplish. That is, to be a successful investor. Investing requires alot of doing nothing. If one can do that, then one is a great investor. I leave this post for now. Currently I am blogging when I am suppose to be studying. I'm in university right now, in the 2nd Floor of the Bailieu Lib. So if you read this post as I have just posted it, then be sure to find me at the computers. Good luck to all investors with the ASX posting record high levels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment