Today is my last day I will be spending in Australia. I can hear you all saying "really??!!" Well, for 2007 that is. I will be leaving for the airport tonight and will bid farewell to my friends in Aus for the next two months.
I spent my last day in Aus packing up, sleeping a little, playing my last dota game on Bored Aussies and also researching some shares for Kenjisan Investments. Nothing much of a special day. But certainly tonight's flight will indeed make it special.
The day before I went for a barbeque with some good old friends. 1 year old friends, that is. I got to know the lucky bunch about a year ago when I was still studying at East Doncaster Secondary College. People who came are Jadey, May, Derek, Alvin, Nelson, Tiff, Jess, Bryan, Eric, Nick, Nick's cousin, Aaron and Ian. It was a very fun barbeque, but sadly, there were too many flies. And we threw away 8 steaks that we had cooked. But the sausages made up for it.
Something really special also happened in Aus on the recent Saturday. It was election night! It was the Liberal vs Labor. The current standing party is Liberal, whereas the challenger is Labor. John Howard, our current prime minister, up against Kevin Rudd, the potential prime minister to be. It was an exciting day. During the daytime people voted all around Australia. And at night the votes were counted. Channel 7 had a special program from 6 to around 10 something covering the whole election. And I watched it all the way, pretty exciting. Ended up Kevin Rudd winning the election, and there were already talks on which shares would benefit from Kevin Rudd being the leader of the country. So I guess Australia has a new prime minister.
Well, my flight is soon. Jeremy's mom will be sending me there. Bid me farewell friends. Also pray to God for my safe flight there! May the sharemarket do worse(so businesses become cheap) soon! Joshua out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment