Tonight was truly special. We had a semi reunion at the city during Adrian's 18th. This was at a bar named Eurotrash in the city. So many of past year school people came and it was truly a special time. Never did we have such a time before where so many of our school mates come and clubbed.
It also marks the last time I will probably see all of my ex-school mates before I leave for malaysia, and the last time I see them in 2007. It's always sweet and pleasant to be able to meet up with so many friends before you leave for a long time before you see them again. The special feeling is there. I caught up with most people and I am glad I did. I am glad I came for such a party, thanks to Adrian who spent heaps having that party.
I also want to note that 2007 was truly a achieving year rather than a reflective year. I would say that I didn't bother to properly reflect on stuff that has happened, rather I have focused on achieving in this year. And this was truly a change in my life. So much has been achieved in 2007. Also I couldn't have done it without God in my life.
It is time for 2008 to draw near, but not yet. But I have to start thinking what my resolutions are for the next year. Thinking back, I don't think any of what I have done in 2007 could have been on my resolutions list. It was unpredictable and totally out of the ordinary. How am I suppose to be predict 2008 when I can't ever predict 2007. It might seem far-fetched, but the key to correct predicting is to think creatively, courageously, deservingly yet realistically.
So what would be a good 2008 resolution? I already have a few on my list. They are trying to make a difference in someone's life, writing an investing book and calling it Investing 101, growing and sustaining Kenjisan Investments and getting a girlfriend. I'm not sure about the last one, but will definitely have to see when the time comes. The others I am very sure I can do if I commit myself to it, with God's blessing.
Australia has been a tremendous experience to me. Never would I have expected all these from a country where I came from, Malaysia, without first experiencing all these over here. It is truly amazing when you look back at the things God can let you experience when you're just living in one country. It's when you go overseas that keys start to unlock doors and new doors open to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment