So far my stay in Malaysia has been nothing short of awesome. However there are some setbacks. Alot has happened since I last blogged, including much time spent at work and with friends, as well as went some places and definitely experienced a few new things in my hometown, even after 18 years of living here.
I have managed to catch up with a few friends already. This week alone, managed to catch up with Keishia, Adeline, Noel, Christobel and Chiew Mei. Catching up with old friends is always good. Even though my holidays are quite short, I plan to catch up with each old friend at least once. I haven't seen these valuable people to me for almost a year already. Some are even longer. We usually, for most of them, catch up after my work time for dinner. The places we go to might be a little pricey to some, but its not the food that matters, it's the environment in which we converse in. The more nicely decorated, the more special I suppose. We indirectly pay for the environment through our food.
The second week of work in an investment bank is definitely not routinal because everyday I find something new to learn. I never stop learning every single day and work never seems to end. With each new day I get closer to my workmates, I feel more at home and I learn something new at work. Work also gives me the feeling and perception that I am not wasting my time and am going through something worthwhile. I suppose I love work. When I am just getting used to the weekend, I used to think, for a minute, if only there was work then I wouldn't need to think of what to do next.
I have also managed to visit some new places I have not visited before. They include The Weld, a shopping mall near my working place. It is quite an old place but it is near where Keishia works. So one fine day I decided to walk over there to have lunch with her. Last week was her last week working for her dad. She plans to enjoy her holidays after that with friends. I also managed to visit back Bangsar Shopping Complex again. Somehow I got charged $5.38 for the parking. Not sure how the 38 cents got accrued. I'm starting to think they accrue by the minute. The place has not changed much, except that the place where I used to work in a Christmas shop has relocated to BSC. So, it felt memorable walking through the place where I used to work. They had set up in the open area on the ground floor, so many people can walk through it.
All seems to be going well. But holidays are coming to an end soon, actually. There isn't much weeks left, and I still have a pack of things to do. Christmas is coming in 2 weeks. I have a whole list of friends to catch up with. I still have to go visit Kuantan one weekend. So that's already one weekend down. Each week I think I can only go out with the car twice. I have about 6 weeks left. I still have to get my uni books which I will have to ask for a day off of work to get them as they only open on weekdays. I shall put a list of friends whom I have to catch up with at least once, so you all can take a look as well:-
Julez, Shafoo, Chooi, Nicole, Jerm, Heng, Marc, Rach, Enn Swan, Joanna, Wei Yan, Minnie, Yi Yun, Yi Wen, and Ivan.
I hope that by the end of the holidays I will have cancelled out the whole list. And, next week Minnie will be working in the same area in KL as me! I look forward to our working and lunching together. May God bless everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment