Its already been about a week since I landed down in Malaysia, my beloved home country. So much has happened since. Going out with friends, eating back yummy malaysian food, starting work today, catching up with family, it was a hectic but fun one week.
It is always nice coming back to your hometown and catching up with friends who has been with you for so long while you have grown up, and to be able to chat with them not only on msn but also on the phone again. I believe that old friends are worth so much more than a new friend you could make anyday. Old friends share some memories with you and that money cant'buy. Trust in them you have, and you know that they trust you too.
Food has always been good to eat, but not as good to eat in malaysia. Amongst the malaysian delicacies that have fallen into my stomach include chee cheong fun, kuih, malay nasi, char koay teow, teh tarik and chendol. So far that is all I have eaten and I have alot more to put into my stomach before I leave malaysia. Food here is cheap and nice, who would want to lift a finger to cook when eating out is more cheaper than cooking.
I had also started work today, in Affin Securities. It is a very different but also expectable experience working there. I am working in the Accounts & Finance Department, where I have met many new people, and also getting to know them. My first day at work was satisfying. Working from 8.30 to 5.30 demands alot of food afterwards and rest. But its been a good day, productive to say the least. But working full time during my holidays demands a high sacrifice of time which I could have spent otherwise doing other things.
It is also good catching up with my dad, step-mom, relatives and my grandparent(s). You will never find people closer to you than your family. It is always good to meet them again after a year of not seeing them. You feel the love again from them. Ever tried staying away from parents for more than half a year? You would miss them, no matter how much you feel they didnt give way to you whilst you were with them. No matter how much you like to say that no parents are the best, you would miss them after half a year not spending time with them. Phone calls are nothing compared to meeting them physically.
Well, that was my one week in Malaysia. I look forward to the rest of my holidays in Malaysia, and may God also bless my friends here and in Australia with the best. May the sharemarket also make cheap some of the truly exceptional businesses I have found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment