The world is currently fearing the outbreak of the latest virus craze - known as the swine flu.
It is also known as H1N1 swine flu. Apparently the virus started from a pig. It is funny how viruses always seem to start from animals. The last time SARS was around it was apparently from an ape. This time swine flu is from a pig. If we draw up a proper forecast curve, we can predict which animal will be the bringer of the next disease and we should quarantine that animal before it happens.
It has reached the point of a global flu and currently I am situated in one of the most affected parts of the world - Melbourne city. Apparently if I go out of Melbourne now I will be quarantined for a week. I don't know if it makes sense to you, but how does quarantining me for a week help eliminate swine flu?
Because if I have swine flu I will just spread it after a week of being quarantined.
Not that I have swine flu, thank God.
Of course with the danger of swine flu comes many jokes about swine flu as well.
Q: How did that pig get on the roof?!
A: The swine flew!
A: The swine flew!
It was once said a black man will be president when pigs fly...
100 days into Obamas presidency, swine flu!
100 days into Obamas presidency, swine flu!
Did you hear Kermit the Frog is sick?
Yeah, He got Swine Flu from Ms. Piggie, when he was asked about it he replyed, "Bitch told me she was clean".
Yeah, He got Swine Flu from Ms. Piggie, when he was asked about it he replyed, "Bitch told me she was clean".
Of course every student in University now is also fearing swine flu. I once received an email from an international student calling it "swing flu" and he was telling the story of how he was from the village where SARS started and at that time it didn't seem like something very serious at all. When suddenly it erupted and became a global issue.
He is saying that all of us should be very careful and that:
#1: Exams should be postponed/cancelled! - totally agree
#2: We should have more space between students in exam
Nevertheless, I have no doubt that God will lead us through this crisis of swine flu safely.
In the meantime, many students are going to look like this:

"Eh, I am not a terrorist la, I am just scared of swine flu"
1 comment:
Hello. I found this blog randomly, but I enjoy how thought provoking your words are. I hope you update soon.wedding jackets Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Shoes Mother Of Bride
Post a Comment