Monday, February 18, 2008

Perhaps the best week of the year?

This is a bold statement to make but I reckon this could be the best week of the year! It being bold because not even 10/12 of the year has passed yet and I am already making such a statement. The reason is because this week is my birthday week! I plan to have an awesome birthday lunch on Thursday, one day before my birthday. 11 people are invited who are close to me and I could say have impacted my life in the years before.

This year is going to be different. I plan to have my birthday lunch at a chinese restaurant instead of the usual western restaurants or home-cooked food at home. Suddenly I have a craving for tea and nothing beats drinking tea and having a good chat to close friends of yours with no worries in the mind. So yeh, I hope it all goes well because it is going to be a blast! After lunch we'll probably catch up with a movie or something. Or maybe pool? Who knows.

On my birthday day itself, I am going to spend it with other close friends dear to me. And at night there is going to be 101 youth group, where again I get to meet alot of friends and maybe have a small birthday supper after the service. During the service, there is going to be games and fun which will be pretty exciting.

On thursday night, I will be doing two things, that is having a meeting between all of Kenjisan's officers, which will be so so exciting and I will be rushing with about 600 other students to fight for good timetables for our subjects. It is because the timetables open for editting on 22nd of Feb, my birthday. I really look forward to the meeting with Kenjisan officers because that would be our first since we started in January.

On Saturday I'll be working quite abit. And the good thing about that is I am working with people close to me and I simply love that. Adrian my friend, Novi the manager, you guys make Nandos rock. That's why the food is always better when we're there cooking. On Sunday, it will be my first Sunday I am not working since my dad left Aus, and I am able to go for church in Surrey Hills! See you all there and I do miss Pastor Roland and his messages alot.

As for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, it will be a pretty quiet three days. Monday is already gone and I had actually done quite abit of reading today. Started to learn Mandarin. I need to go to China. Then I can learn faster. Mandarin is pretty difficult but I am sure after awhile(could take a few years) I'll be better at it. After all, I am Chinese and even my dad can speak Cantonese, Hokkien and a little Mandarin.

About time I learnt my 3rd language, after English and Malay.

No comments: