Joshua enters the class...
Starts writing on the board...
Tutor: Joshua Ng
Email: j.ng**@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au
Consultation: Room 53*, EC&Comm, 3.15 Weds
(There were about 13 people in the class already. They looked surprise that I am their tutor. Perhaps I look like a student)
"Good morning class. My name is Joshua Ng. I am doing 3rd year Bachelor of Commerce. I will be your tutor for this sem"
"To start off, I want you all to, in groups, introduce yourself to your group mates and tell 3 things, namely, your name, one thing you always wanted to do but didn't have the chance to and why did you pick this subject"
(Class starts talking, I start feeling more relaxed)
I then started explaining to the class this game called 2 facts and 1 lie. They were supposed to think of 2 facts and 1 lie, then compete in groups to win the highest points. They have to guess the lie. So each person from each group gets a chance in turn to stand up and tell the 2 facts and 1 lie. Each correct guess (as a group) gets 2 points, wrong guess gets -1 point and no guess gets 0 points.
It was a very fun game, and surely warmed up the class alot. Took about 25 minutes just to play the game. Everyone had good laughs trying to guess the lie of each person. Some were very funny, saying a scar on his hand was due to a shark bite. It was a lie, but seemed so true and everyone got a good laugh.
I congratulated the winning group and gave them kit kats each for their efforts! (or luck i'm not sure)
The next game was the mingling game. They were supposed to compete individually to try to fill in the blanks the fastest. The questions were...
Find someone who...
Comes from Indonesia
Ate chicken yesterday
Worked in a shop
Has been to New York
Favourite colour is green
Has never studied economics before
Now when playing this game everyone had to move around the room. This really warmed up the whole situation and everyone was pretty much alive. I gave the winner a kit kat for his/her efforts as well.
Then we moved on to the pink sheet. It contained lots of countries and for each country they had to fill in the blanks for population, capital city, GDP growth and Finance Minister/treasurer. It was basically a mix and match game.
And then at the end of the tute, I gave out coffee vouchers compliments of the department of Economics and also the blue sheet for next week. Overall a very fun tute I would say and definitely am excited for next week's tute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OMG!!wat a nice n fun tute i hav ever seem,josh,a good way of learning! can i be in the class?? hehe
Haha, come lo. You hafta pretend to be 1st year student :PP
really?? i can go?? okok,when u hv tut?? =p but make sure u dnt ask me any quest
haha mine's on fri at 8,9 or 12
Very thought provoking.dresses with sleeves!?! Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Column Wedding Dresses
Post a Comment