Coca-cola, it is THE soft-drink that has been around since the 19th century.

Coca-cola was originally invented by John Pemberton in the 19th century for the use of a patent medicine. But it was bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler whose business skills saw the dominance of Coca-cola in the world soft drinks market throughout the 20th century. The Coca-Cola Company claims to sell Coke in more than 200 countries world-wide.
I would like to dedicate this post to explain why my favourite soft drink is Coca-Cola.
Coke has been around since I was a baby up until now. I think every person I have grown up with knows Coca-Cola or has some sort of connection with the drink.
To just list out a few of the occasions that Coca-cola has been there:
- Every birthday party I have been to
- Memorable occasions such as when there is a newborn or someone achieved something spectacular
- Beach parties
- Picnics
- Sleepovers
I think that covers almost everything.
Particularly, I like to drink the drink when it is just before my exams. It seems to work for me. I guess it has an advantage over coffee in that it does not dehydrate you but it still provides you with the caffeine.
Furthermore, it is something I am familiar with, which is very useful as I am going into the unfamiliar when I sit for my exams.
Furthermore, it is something I am familiar with, which is very useful as I am going into the unfamiliar when I sit for my exams.
Plus drinking Coke gives you that extra oomph when doing the exam. If you ever feel tired or worn-out, Coke can give the refreshment you need as it tastes best when it is cold and refrigerated.
Even before drinking it, the sound of the "Click" when you open the can already reminds you of the refreshing moments you have had with Coke, which will already refresh you before you start drinking.
Coke is a special type of drinking. Where other soft drinks will saturate on your tongue after drinking too much of it, Coke does no have that property. Therefore, you can drink as much Coke as you want and you still won't be sick of it.
Nowadays, the norm is that if someone doesn't want to drink wine or beer, they can always have Coke.
Therefore Coke is seen to be the substitute for wine or alcoholic drinks.
It is generally accepted by society nowadays that Coke is a part of us.
As Warren Buffett once said about Coke, "It is not about market share anymore, it is about mind share".
Nevertheless, there are sceptics about Coke and especially people who seem to value their health more than just having a sip at the drink. I believe that health is important but do not take life too seriously, and enjoy drinking your favourite drink.
1904 - Deliciouos and Refreshing
1929 - The pause that refreshes
1943 - A taste of it's own
1957 - Sign of good taste
1963 - Things go better with Coke
1971 - I'd like to buy the world a Coke
1989 - Official Soft drink of summer
1990s - Can't beat the real thing




1 comment:
Hello. I found this blog randomly, but I enjoy how thought provoking your words are. I hope you update soon.wedding jackets Christian Louboutin Shoes Bridesmaid Dresses
Post a Comment