Meeting my new professors
I finally decided to do Industrial Economics. The lecturer is this dude from M.I.T University in US. I called him dude because I thought he was quite young and smart, and to be teaching in Melbourne University is an accomplishment! I love the way he makes the subject seems so appealing and interesting. But he is teaching quite a hard subject, so I look forward to a hard semester. My other lecturers are John Handley for Derivatives, Sean Pinder for Corporate Finance and Lawrence Uren for Macroeconomics. John is just a really fun guy because he is the typical aussie you would expect and just full of aussie-ness in him, Sean is really corporate and looks more like an investment banker than an academic, and Lawrence looks like he's from the Middle East but actually has an American accent.
EIC Meeting Catching Up
I finally managed to attend EIC for the first time since a whole semester ago. I felt it that it was a really enjoyable meeting. I learnt something new about Industry Classification standards thanks to Tim and I felt the EIC team did a great job presenting. It was good catching up with people like Frances, Jian Ming, Choo Yang, Wendy and Tim. Also seeing many new people at the meeting is kind of cool. EIC now has a new room at Level 2, The Spot, with in-built projector which solves many of their problems!
Youth Group Catching Up
You guys rock! When I say you guys I mean Christine, Kathleen, Adel, SuVien, Brian, Chris, Nicole and Sue Ann. It is good meeting you guys again after what seems like such a long holidays. I always prefer uni time because I am kept busy doing something I enjoy and you guys are always around. That is what makes Melbourne fun! We went for dinner on Tuesday night in China Town and had a good time chatting. Also on Friday night we had 101 youth group meeting and then we went for supper in Box Hill, absolute fun-ness.
Applications and Timetable
Throughout the week I managed to finish all sorts of applications. I am almost finishing my Honours Year Application, and hopefully I do well in Sem 2 this time to get into honours! I am sure I can with God's blessings. I also completed the BCG Scholarship application and plan to finish the MICC Application tomorrow. If I get into the Marshall International Case Competition (MICC), I get to go to Los Angeles! What a dream it will be. So totally love the idea. Finally can visit the place I have read about, seen many times in videos and dreamt alot about, the United States of America. I also managed to get my timetable finalised (finally!) and I am so relieved. It turns out that I will be tutoring Intermediate Macroeconomics only.
A Special Lunch with Special Friends
Today, Pik San, Eric, Sue Ann and myself had lunch at MyCube on Lygon. It was a special lunch because Sue Ann, Pik San and Eric were primary schoolmates since a long time ago in Malaysia, and what reunited them was a complete accident. Pik San and Eric were actually ex-students of mine and I posted a picture of their class on my blog a while back, if you read my blog regularly. My friend, Sue Ann, saw their picture on my blog and was quite excited because she had not seen them in a long long while. So we decided to meet up and have lunch. It was a good lunch that lasted about 3 hours and we had some quality chat. I also discovered MyCube, a place with boardgames in it and sells great Malaysian food at a great price! I will definitely be going back again for sure. We all had char kuay teow.
..
Those are the highlights of my week and I am sure it is a good start that really sets off the remainder of Semester 2. May God bless everyone out there!
4 comments:
what an eventful week :) what's the requirements for applying for MICC? Damn nice lor I also dream of visiting LA/US
haha can check it out under Case Competitions at ecom's website! =) Lets go LA haha.
LOL I had a good week too!Yay Josh is tutoring Inter Macro:D and please come to EIC meetings regularly ps: I will present the coming week!
Anyway good luck with everything!
heyy wendy! I will try my best to come =) but next week i cant make it >< theres the finance honours session n employment fair all at tues 12.
Post a Comment