Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last Day of Holidays

So finally the days of holidays is coming to an end. This effectively would actually be my last holiday until a year later, but let's take a look back at how I enjoyed my time during this holidays.

Holidays started off with a bang. It was the end of exams, and everyone was celebratory. I attended the Business Practicum Client function and it was good seeing my host, Peter Deliopoulos, again and so many other familar faces. I basically spent my first week enjoying myself, by going out for movies with friends, catching up with old friends and playing computer games almost the whole day everyday. I also decided to go to 101 since it was a long time since I have actually been there, due to exams and everything else.

Remembering, however, that I was committed to my CFA program, I begun my revision about a week and a half after exams had ended. It was pretty fast, I know, and yet I was excited to begin my CFA program and actually up until now, I still am excited to learn more. Studies ensued and it was in a much less pressurizing environment because this was something totally voluntary. At the same time, I got the news that I was going to be tutoring in Sem 2 which made me very happy. Furthermore, I was taking 2 subjects, Introductory Macroeconomics and Intermediate Macroeconomics. I received my QoT scores for Sem 1 and did very well too so I was pleased.

Somewhere along the way, I will not forget two very spectacular shows that I have watched, which are Wimbledon 2009 and Masterchef Australia 2009. Wimbledon was nothing short of greatness, and watching the show from beginning to end put in on my toes and made me sweat because it was full of excitement and suspense all the way through. I think it will be in my mind as one of the greatest matches in tennis that I have watched. Masterchef Australia 2009 finals was a great match but sadly Poh Ling Yeow, my favourite, lost the match to Julie Goodwin. I guess Julie deserved it however, as she would truly devote all her time towards cooking whereas Poh is already an accomplished artist and might spend more time in her artistic field.

At around the 3rd week of holidays, a lot of applications has recently begun opening and closing as well for internships. So it was a last minute race to apply for the investment banks as they close the earliest. Spending one night for each application for a almost a week, I managed to complete a few applications and was quite happy with the standard I did it. Then came the round of interviews. I was very lucky that I got selected for one bank, and the rest I got rejected. And the bank that I got selected accepted me into their internship program. How blessed by God I am.

Finally came the last day of holidays, and I have been busy preparing for university, preparing for Kenjisan Investments annual dinner, making investments for Kenjisan Investments, catching up with old friends and having fun at the same time. Last few days have been relaxing and today I went to church, had yum cha in a place I have never been before (somewhere along Blackburn Road and Burwood area), and did a little shopping in Box Hill. I bought two fresh juices, namely Pineapple and Apple, both of which I will indulge in a while later as I am sure it will be very fresh indeed.

So holidays, good bye for now, and hopefully you will come back when I call for you some time in the near future.

No comments: