I admit it could be pretty nerve-wrecking, the instructor asked me, "When was the last time you drove?" My answer, "6 months ago".
The truth is that I can drive already. But I have been driving in Malaysia. Once you start driving on the roads in Malaysia for real, you start to develop all these bad habits that will never go away including:
1) Cutting and zooming through traffic
2) Parking in illegal areas
3) Driving with only one hand
4) Driving with no hands
5) Driving 3x the speed limit
So I guess when I started following the Aussie rules needed to pass the driving test, it was abit of a driving shock. The rules here are very conservative. But it is very exciting to be able to drive in Melbourne. The first time actually since I came to Melbourne 4 years ago. And they have much more rules compared to back home.
My driving test is coming up pretty soon on December 6th. Seeing how I don't have a car in Melbourne, the best I can do is practice when I have driving lessons. That's it. Hopefully I pass!
For those already driving in Melbourne, it's my dream one day to be able to have my own car and drive like all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment