This is the second part of the camp review series I am currently doing.
Day 2, July 12th 2007
All of us woke up really, really early by my standards, namely 7.30am, and feeling really sleepy we proceeded to clean up ourselves, shower, and get ourselves ready for the day. My dormmates were all cooperative as the 8 of us had to share a single bathroom. Some had already showered last night, so it made it easier for us. We started the beautiful morning with devotion to God. Devotion is a quiet time where reading is conducted as we bath ourselves in the presence of God and learn how to tackle issues about everyday life and relationships. It was my favourite time of the day.
We then had breakfast down in the dining-hall. Amazingly, breakfast food was the best food of all because they had the least chance to screw up in breakfast. Who can make a bad breakfast? They gave us really nice cereal, eggs, bread, warm chocolate and nata de coco jellies. Best meal of the day. We were all talking about the coming games later in the day and what kind of games would be presented to us. I got the chance to get closer to my very, very good friend Nicole Kee during this time.
We then proceeded to Session 2. We had invited a preacher from Careforce church, Scott Hawkins to come and speak. He is an excellent youth pastor and has planted churches all around in Australia. He's been to hundreds of youth camps and spoken to so many people. His church is most well known because of Guy Sebastian who goes there. His message was just... easy-to-understand and very insightful. In a Bible story, he could be the person in the story and tell it as if he was that person himself. Session 3 followed. We got alot from this two sessions alone.
It was games time. We were excited. I was in Team Armada. My team members were Chara, Adora, Tony, Jonno, cute Kimmy, Daniel, John Paul, and some others I had forgotten their names. I'm so sorry! The first game we had to do was to go in a circle, then each member had to join left hands to right hands of another member until all hands in our group were joined. And then, we had to untangle ourselves without breaking up the lines. Challenging huh. In the end, we cheated and broke the line, quickly unentangle ourselves and sat down to get like 4th place. Other games were eating the cheesels game, annihilation-netball, and the line-of-doom which I would rather call hen and chicks game. We did quite well in the games and turned out second overall.
We were told we had a concert that night and so we had to prepare for it. Our theme was the greatest gift. Our group was so creative, but it turned out to be too-creative-for-our-own-good. Everyone kept chipping in ideas and our poor leader Adora Goh had to try to combine everyone's ideas into one. They were all good but so random to each other. The best line that evening was "I'm the greatest gift to women". Hands down best line.
That night, we had a theme dinner. Everyone had to dress in their best Christmas costume. I bought a Santa Hat for $5 bucks, and so it was my Christmas costume. Jenny Ling had dressed like a fairy, Bryan Seow had dressed like a big chicken bird, and Andrew Lin was Santa Claus' bodyguard look-a-like. In my opinion, those were the best costumes of the day. We had this game where everyone was given a bell and they were not allowed to say the word "white" or "christmas". If not, their bells would be stolen from them to the other person who makes them say the words. Sadly, I got tricked by Adora Goh. She kept going on and on about how she wanted to go travelling in the US and then suddenly she asked me what colour were her nails. I stupidly answered white. I can't believe I fell for it!
During the theme dinner, I had also noticed Nicole Kee missing. So I asked her brother where she was. Her brother didn't know. I told her brother that I might have told her dinner was at 7 when it was actually at 6. So after abit of looking around hoping for Nic to appear, we both went to her dorm and found her there. She was preparing for the theme dinner and she told us she knew she was late. But she was already 40 minutes late! At least we found her in her dorm.
That night we had another awesome session of worship and God's word. The praise and worship was just wonderful. And followed by a great message by Pastor Scott again.He was talking something about avalanches and how we must start small to end big. Nobody started big. Everyone started small.
Supper time had us all fellowship-ing again with one another. I got to know some others well as a good start. They are Rebekah Lee, Jonno Lee, Cathy and Ron. They were always in my uni cell but I didn't know them as well. We went back to our dorms having had a long day and everyone was tired out. But it was a really fun-filled day. Life couldn't be lived to any more to the full. Lights out at 11.30pm but we slept at 1.00am. Day two satisfied.
--End of Review Part II--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
shannon http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Furnace-Filters.aspx bereaved http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Vending-Machines.aspx claremont http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Kitchen-Cabinets.aspx crippled http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Slipcovers.aspx auplaza http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitors.aspx kaen http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Popcorn-Machines.aspx pamcani http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Garage-Door-Openers.aspx bestow http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Area-Rugs.aspx interjet http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Omeprazole.aspx jeopardised http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Vacuum-Cleaners.aspx facilitative http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Annuity-Calculator.aspx nagin http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Bariatric-Surgery.aspx palimpsest http://www.netknowledgenow.com/members/Electric-Blankets.aspx nightclubs http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534431 usat http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534435 mounts
Very thought provoking.vintage wedding gowns Christian Louboutin Boots Simple Wedding Dresses
Post a Comment