There's all this talk about one should invest in their area of expertise and not divert away from
it. It is because in their area of expertise is the area in which the investor stands the highest chance of success. But now and then you see the doctor investing in shoe companies and the shoe-makers investing in medical research related fields. This is a reason why most investors complain they never do well in investing.
As for myself, I haven't yet found my own niche. But lately, I have come to the realisation that since young I was always interested in the industrials. I have a feeling that in the future I might be more involved in contruction of buildings and running of factories. However, I understand that this is a field with large capital expenditure in contrast with the advice given that one should invest in a field with low capital expenditure.
I was always fascinated when I see a building under contruction. My first thought is what an amazing structure and what large amounts of revenue it would bring when the construction is completed. I find that human achievement of being able to build such a large building is extraordinary and something that is tangible, being able to be seen and appreciated by all. This includes factories, where the human brain is able to conduct all the complex sophisticated procedures involved in each specialisation of the manufacturing process, I am just fascinated.
But in reality, I have little if not no experience in the industrials. On the other hand, my field with most experience at the moment is actually the personal services industry. As a tutor, I have ample experience with that arrangement and it might be a field I might venture into in the future. Trust is very important in the personal services industry. As for which will be my niche, perhaps even a few fields, I leave it to God to direct me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment