Soon after the BBQ started, a whole crowd gathered and there was easily 200-300 people who attended. And funny thing is that not many Commerce students heard about it because of bad publicity. They only posted an event on Facebook but that was about it. Good thing I noticed. :P
Well, then again, any food event would not go unnoticed by me for long. haha.
This is a view of the cafeteria outside the Commerce building. Arguably I pass it everytime I come to university. I have seen it for over 2 years already, and looks very very familar to me. Their coffee here is also quite cheap if compared to the prices in the city and uni elsewhere. The Aussies love to sit by the chairs outside the cafe and talk all day long. However, we don't see many Asians doing that. Typical Asians like me more of like to walk around and meet up in Union House rather than sit outside here.
The Commerce Society also set up a booth trying to recruit people to join. Their club is a club of fun, is quite cheap to join, and is full of activities. Basically every activity they organise is a fun one, and is for Commerce students who like to play hard and enjoy themselves while studying hard at uni. Mostly members are Aussie Asians or Aussies themselves. The most awaited event every year is the Commerce Ball where people have to stand in a line all night long to wait to buy their tickets the next morning.
Overall, I was happy with the BBQ experience after having 2 hotdogs, 1 vege burger, 1 can of Coke and 1 can of Solo altogether. Hope this event happens every year! It is certainly exciting to be a Commerce student in Melb Uni and surely my third year next year would be full of exciting events and surprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment