Monday, October 27, 2008

Workplace memories

I am working part-time in Nando's at the moment, and been working there for quite awhile already. The best thing about working there is the company you get there, and I enjoy the people I work with there, including those that have been there since I have started work. However, now one of those people who has been there since the beginning is leaving to go back to Indonesia, and he is my manager. I have taken a few pics of two of my managers and the one who is leaving is the one in the first pic.




Coming to work almost every week has made me sort of close to my manager as we can converse very well. And our main topic of conversation has always been shares. He is an avid investor whom I can say I helped influence to invest for the long-term. Therefore, we share much in common. When he leaves for Indon, work won't be the same again.
As for the next year, I don't know if I would actually continue on in the same workplace. Because work is just much more fun with him around. Other managers whom I worked with are just stricter and quite serious most of the time. Work is fun because of my friends who work there and also a good manager like him who is leaving.
But even if I do leave nandos, one thing for sure I know that nandos is highly profitable and that one day I might come back and buy one of them for my own. It is my aspiration to be able to do that one day, haha. For I know that, over time, the guys there will still continue "to make the chicks hot". :P

2 comments:

Sue Ann said...

i never noticed what the t-shirts say until now. haha

cyrenk said...

haha u r lucky!! i always try to get their photo but fail.. BADLY!!!!