Monday, December 22, 2008

Three-in-one

Last Sunday was definitely an eventful day. I was busy all the way from morning to the next morning!

In the morning I had to wake up pretty early (8 something yes that is early when I am used to waking up at 11 something nowadays) in order to go to church at FGA. Furthermore, the night before I had work and I kept waking up in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep because I drank too much Coke. Church was great, I managed to catch up with alot of friends including Becky, Ming Fung, Daniel, Stella and last but not least, my close friend Nicole! Now she has my portable hard drive with nce movies in it like Borat, Iron Man, Dark Knight, etc. Need to claim it back from her tonight because I am leaving for KL tomorrow morning first thing! After church a group of us headed for lunch at Box Hill at Blue Hills Cafe. I ordered Beef Stew but with rice noodles. Never, never order rice noodles with beef stew. It doesn't taste really nice, but the lunch with friends was good nevertheless.

After lunch, I caught a bus (293 if I remembered correctly) to Westfield. There I was early, because I was going to watch a movie with Karen and her friends at 4.40pm. So I headed off to Borders and Gloria Jeans Coffee which is inside it for a drink of green tea and at the same time reading my book Security Analysis. At the same time, Nathan Buckley who is an AFL legend was signing autographs for his new book in front of Borders. The queue was crazy, about 300m long. When Karen and her friends arrived, they told the story of how Nathan Buckley was at Nandos and he ordered a Pita Meal. That was at 1 something. And then at 3 something when I saw Nathan Buckley at Borders, he just came from Nandos. So I told them my part of the story to their amusement and there was chuckles everywhere as we joked about how famous he was and what a coincidence it was. We then headed off to watch Four Holidays, a comedy mixed with romance. The main actress was Reece Witherspoon from Legally Blonde. The movie was alright and I enjoyed it watching with my friends.

After the movie I headed home, but not before stopping by Maccas for some dinner. The night ahead was long because there was going to be the Nandos Christmas party, which was my first time attending. How exciting it was! After wasting some time, 10.15pm finally arrived and I started out with my Christmas Kringle (which was a Monopoly set Chocolate edition, so technically you can eat the pieces but can only play it once) and walked to Nandos under the dark sky. For those not familar with Christmas Kringle, it is an exchanging presents game, where each of us brings one present and we exchange it, and at Nandos the minimum had to be at least $10 worth to protect us from the cheapskates. The Nandos Christmas party was a bang, it started out with lots and lots of food. So much food, and of course lots of drinks including beer and alcohol. It was barely 5 minutes into the party when Tom finished 3 bottles of beer. He was surely a drinker. I was glad and very happy to see all my friends there at the party including Biondi, Nelson, Adrian, Hendra, Tasia, Wina, Sing Yao, Karen, Jennifer, Tom, Scott, Travis, Novi, Andy, Martina, Adeline, Sammy, Sammy's girlfriend whom doesn't work in Nandos and last but not least our boss Daniel. Then the games started. We played Cherades, so we had to act out alot of movies where we were given on pieces of paper. Then we played a Nandos quiz. That was the hardest game of all, even though I have worked in Nandos for 2 years already! Quite a challenge but fun nevertheless. We finally exchanged Christmas Kringles, and I got a mobile phone toy! It plays very cute sounds when you dial a number. So enjoyable. Then we crowned Nandos employee of the year which goes to Hendra and Tasia! Congratulations to both of you for doing your best in Nandos! We finally blew some champagne with alot of it flying everywhere. Then we started to pack up and head home. It was already 1 something am. But it was such great fun, and a very long day. It is also my 3rd last day in Melbourne before I head off to KL for 2 months. Would never forget the event and the people that came on that memorable Sunday.

No comments: