Over the weekend my family and I went to Kuantan. It was a good trip, the used to be 5 hour trip now reduced to 2 and a half due to the new highway. How convenient! My grandma, sis, dad, step mom and myself embarked on this trip with a cheerful heart and hungry tummys looking forward to a good time in kuantan, relaxing by the beach and eating some nice nasi dagang.
We arrived at my grandpa's house in no time, and it was good seeing him again after so long. Maybe around 11-12 months since. He looked older and had darker skin since the last time I saw him. He had less hair, but I guess that is how people will look when they age, including myself next time. The dark skin was due to the sea breeze over Kuantan town. That is why Kuantan people as a whole are darker.
We went to Teluk Cempedak and Batu Hitam, the beaches I used to go when I was young. Over there we walked on the beach, decided to explore and walked over some rocks nearby. There were many tourists as usual, comprised of all races including 'mat saleh', the word us locals use to call foreigners. We also ate delicious nasi dagang in the town at a kopitiam shop called Kemaman Kopitiam. The food was very good, albeit slightly expensive. Kuantan has changed alot since I was young, it used to be just a small town, but now it is a busier more crowded town soon to be city.
The highlight of the trip is definitely my cousin's wedding. A cousin whom I didn't know existed until I met her at the wedding. Her name is Susan Ng and she is just 25 years old, not that much different to my age. She is marrying a guy named Patrick Teo who is doing a PhD in the UK in some water-related area. But how nice to know that I have another cousin that is about plus minus the same age as me. I also found out that she has 1 other sister and 2 other brothers. So that makes a total of 4 cousins that I suddenly had. The reason was that they were from my dad's brother's side whom my family is not so close to. I may have known them before when I was younger, but for some reason or another I just can't remember them. But good to know that I have 4 extra lovely cousins. I hope to know them more in the future.
The wedding was interesting, we were served 8 dishes. If I can remember properly, the dishes were in the following order:
1. Four seasons vegetables dish
2. Shark fins soup
3. Duck
4. Fish
5. Prawns
6. Toufu
7. Yam and rice
8. chestnut soup
It was quite a yummy dinner and I enjoyed it alot. The bride and bridegroom looked so happy. I wonder how my wedding would be like, and who would my bride be. hmmmm. But I do know one thing, that I aim to be married by 25. Wish me luck guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment