Monday, December 15, 2008

Witnessing an accident

Today I went to the city and got a first-class experience of witnessing an accident. I was at the corner of Lonsdale and Elizabeth Street, patiently waiting for tram 19 to come, when suddenly I saw a car speeding pass my behind and at first I didn't bother, but after about 2 seconds I heard this loud screeching and then a loud BANG. My senses quickly told me to turn around to see the inevitable. So I guessed right. That speeding car smashed into the side of another car, who was presumably not breaking any rules and was waiting in the middle of the road to turn right when the traffic along his lane ceases. The car that was speeding supposedly didn't see the red light or was just too fast to break too soon, and so banged the car.

Luckily no one was seriously injured.

The two drivers just shouted at each other from their own cars. Then they drove down Lonsdale Street to park somewhere and discuss the accident. But this was my first time seeing an accident from so near. I hope it doesn't happen to me personally because anyone who knows me knows that I do love to speed, especially in Malaysia. I guess life comes first before the destination.

2 comments:

cyrenk said...

AHEM.... beware.. lol.. not only does speeding kills.... lol... walking near a "L plate driver " is also risky..

hahaha...
just jk

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! wedding jackets for the bride Christian Louboutin Heels Vintage Wedding Dresses