Sunday, April 5, 2009

Running my first ever marathon!

Today marked the day in my history. It was the first day I ever ran my first Marathon.

It was the Herald Sun Run for the Kids Charity Marathon for 14km.

The night before the race was actually a whole event by itself. Cut the long story short, I had only 1 hour of sleep. I met fournew wonderful friends, Agnes, Zi, Yvonne and one more guy from Monash medical. Together with Kelvin the 5 of us played poker (with water!) and bluff whole night long.

When we're suppose to end at 3am, we ended at 6am! Omg, not enough sleep. BUT REALLY FUN.

Then I slept at 6am and woke up at 7am. Such a good night's sleep!!

I proceeded down to Flinders for the Run for the Kids event! I was sooooo excited really.

Upon arriving, there were already about 30,000 people in total there. I had to put my luggage in a secure area and luckily found Ming Fung, Chris, Adel, Ephraim and one more guy. The 6 of us prepared for our marathon.

And without waiting for long, 9.20am the race BEGAN.

I was sprinting off to my 1st kilometre, 2nd, 3rd, I was beginning to feel tired. I had lost Chris and Ming Fung and Adel somewhere already. Everyday was just focusing on running the seemingly unachievable 14kms.

There was water after the 3rd km. Everybody just took a quick sip and threw their cups everywhere on the ground. What a sight!

Soon after, it was just running, running and running. More running. It used to be that after every 1km, they would put a sign. But after the 3rd km, I never saw any signs anymore. We were running on some sort of highway. After what seemed like ages, I saw the 7km mark!!

I was halfway. So glad.

We continued to run, run and run. Adel had actually passed me. I stopped at the 8km because I couldn't run anymore. It was just insane running so much. I instead decided to walk for awhile.

But after 2 mins of watching people pass me, I couldn't take it anymore, and just ran again!

We finally reached the 12th kilometre and it was just 2 more to go. We had passed Docklands, Crown Casino and other unknown places. Even a bridge. From then on, I just ran with all my might and strength, even knowing that my feet was really beginning to hurt.

After reaching the 14th kilometre, I thought it was over, but no! It was another 200metres to go. Finally we finished after running like forever. My time for 1 hour 20 minutes. I was so glad!

Soon after, we all managed to reunite together, we went for lunch at A1 cafe, and Thean sent all of us home. Thanks Thean. I truly enjoyed my time and this weekend was one of the best yet.

2 comments:

Ze Ying said...

haha.. so glad to knw u too!! hehe.. is ze ying instead of zi btw.. xD thx for linking me up~

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking. Very true. quinceanera dresses Christian Louboutin Sandal Evening Dresses