So being very Malaysian myself, I decided to celebrate this Merdeka with some of my beloved friends, namely Kelvin, Ze Ying, Yvonne, Kien Loon, Chin, and many others that came along too. We met up at College Square Swanston where we were playing this drinking game late until 2am, when we celebrated Merdeka. It was at 2am because Malaysian time it would be exactly 12am there, which marked the beginning of Merdeka Day. The drinking game was quite stupid but very fun. We played the game called "Ring of Fire" which basically meant a deck of cards scattered around a bowl, and we had a different rule (which had to do with drinking) for every type of card.
It was memorable in the sense that we had alot of fun drinking and laughing our heads off. But most importantly we celebrated Merdeka! Being apart from my beloved country for many years now (four and going), I have not lost the passion for my country. Being away actually gives you a sense of realisation that how lucky you are to be a Malaysian. And I guess I always will be. Malaysia, we are proud of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment