Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trip out with 101 Cell Group & Friends

Going out with cell group friends has and always been enjoyable.

So when I got the email from Kathleen, our cell group leader, organising a trip out for the night for our cell (since 101 meeting was on break that night) I was utterly excited.

We were supposed to head to Hu Tong Chinese Dumpling Restaurant but apparently it was fully booked.

So our next best alternative was MyCube cafe at 122 Lygon Street.

The same cafe where I had my annual partnership dinner is a lively cafe full of friendly staff (not to mention hot too), fun board games and delicious Malaysian food.

Since most of us are on holidays, we were quite happy to meet up.

Many of us were quite happy to pose for the camera.

I still got to admit, there was a lot more I have to learn from my camera, especially with lighting and the best scenes for certain places.


MyCube is unique in the sense that it is truly the only Malaysian Board Games cafe in Melbourne.

The best food there I have to say would be the Char Kuay Teow, for anyone that wants to go visit the cafe.


I ordered a lovely Hot Milo for myself.

It's been awhile since I tasted Hot Milo like this for awhile. It reminds me of my beloved hometown.


Not only Malaysian delicacies, but they also serve White Wine in MyCube.

It's been the third time in this cafe and I would definitely still come back for more!


Not full after dinner, we decided to head down to Freddo's to grab some delicious lovely ice-cream.

There were so many yummy ice-creams there, but in the end I didn't take any ice-cream.

Being the camera man, I didn't want to dirty my camera with ice cream plus I wanted to take shots.


We were supposed to head down to the Yarra River after that.

Since there were not enough drivers, we all walked all the way to Flinders.

On the way, we were taking some group photo shots.



It was a beautiful night for photos and if only I knew how to take more powerful shots, we could have produced some really awesome photos.

So I decided to do some pointing at the stars with my friend.

After walking for about an hour or so, we were tired. So we headed inside of Crowns and sat down at a table and chatted.

This is the black&white version of my friends taken using the Olympus E-P1.



Hopefully, after this experience, I am closer to my friends and have became a better photographer.

This is me trying to pretend I am looking through Sandy's Canon SLR camera where you usually have to look through the lens to take the photo.

No comments: