Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fiesta Malaysia Celebrations!

From reading this flyer, that was how I got to know about the Fiesta Malaysia event.

Being a Malaysian at heart, I was surely very excited about it!

Right after church, Christine and myself headed towards Southbank where the Fiesta was held.

For those who don't know what "Fiesta" means, it basically means a big party!

We got distracted halfway at the Southbank Sunday Art Market and decided to camwhore a little.


Sadly, however, it was drizzling the entire time and everyone was getting wetter by the minute.

The most exciting thing about reaching the place was... of course, meeting my friends!

Here is Yvonne posing with me at the camera.

We were treated to a huge range of performances at the Fiesta.

Some of my favourites were the Shaolin Kung Fu Performance by the Kung Fu Club at The University of Melbourne.

Their moves really kicked ass.

Each time they kicked it was so powerful that the audience could not get their eyes off their legs.

Here two Kung Fu Masters preparing for a showdown.

The weather was really erratic that day.

Most of us were half drenched by the time the drizzle went on for about over an hour.

Chin and me, however, decided that camwhoring was still important despite the rain. I kind of look fat in this photo, right?

We were also treated to a Lion Dance Performance.

It was a whole show of two big lions and one baby lion, and they were trying to take off some Mandarin oranges off the ground and then throw it at the audience.

It was quite impressive really.

The funny thing was that the baby lion after awhile stopped moving at all and started sleeping on the ground the entire time the performance was on.

People thought the baby lion was sleeping.

The two big lions, however, continued to impress us.

I also noticed that most of the Lion Dance members were mainly guys and so few girls!

Why is this so? Is it because Lions are meant to be guys?

I demand a more unisex Lion Dance team! Besides one of the girls there is quite cute, however, sadly I didn't get her number.

Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: