From studying CFA much and being involved in the CFA community much around the world and in Melbourne as well, I find that there is little practice exams provided or CFA review courses.
The ones that they provide are either sub-optimal or overly expensive!
Therefore, being quite involved in the education sector myself (having being a tutor for 2 semesters in university already as well as a PASS leader previously), I feel that I have what it takes to actually provide better CFA education!
Since I am doing CFA level 1 currently only, I will firstly restrict my business to CFA level 1 education.
I plan to:
- provide lots and lots of mock exams for students
- slowly branch out into providing review classes for students
- provide comprehensive cover of all matters related to the CFA program
I can make my revenue based on the number of mock exam papers they buy from me. Setting exams questions is actually quite easy.
The best thing about this business is that it is online and I can work on it anywhere in the world!
However, to get started I would actually need a few resources, including a good IT person and someone to partner with to start making mock exam papers.
I am currently inviting partners, so if you are interested leave your name here! =)
I am currently inviting partners, so if you are interested leave your name here! =)
3 comments:
hello
i came across your blog when i was an intern in cimb last year (random google search) and you were one there too but we didn't get to meet unfortunately!
im also in my final year of my undergraduate here in sydney majoring in applied finance. i passed my cfa level 1 back in june this year and studying for level 2 right now so good luck with your cfa next month!
anyway if this plan of yours does take flight do discuss it with me as im interested!!not sure if i should leave my email here but yea let me know how should we proceed from here!!
nice to meet you by the way
Hello Shiun Haur,
Its good to meet you as well. Yeah CFA is just a week away! Good luck for your CFA Level II!
It will be good to keep in touch. Let me know if you have email/msn/facebook. I will likely start my idea next year if all goes well. =)
Post a Comment