A Merry Christmas to all my blog readers!
Did you go and have a merry Christmas?
My Christmas was spent in the morning/afternoon with friends in the city and at night with sis at home.
I managed to catch up with Jason, Choi Kuan and Kelvin in the city on Christmas day for lunch. Oh boy, how empty the city looked that day. Almost everything was closed, except the Asian restaurants along Swanston St. I wonder why Asian only =P We had a good lunch and then at night I celebrated with my sis together. We had turkey, salads and potatos and while watching Friends on the tv.
At night it was spent watching poker or playing poker or doing poker related stuff. I had an early night because the next day would be the shopping spree day.
In Australia, Boxing day is the day when the whole nation comes out from their houses and spends a lot of money in shopping. At the same time, many stores nationwide have massive discounts they don't usually have throughout the year.
I saw some big brands go on discount up to 50%, very surprising. I spent a total of about 5 hours shopping. In total, let's just say I splurged about AUD 1100. People say boxing day is smart shopping, I say that boxing day is really the day people become silly. So much money is spent, and mostly on unnecessary stuff. What I spent on today, I can actually live without, but I spent it nevertheless because of the temptation.
Overall though, I had a good experience, this would be my first Christmas + Boxing day experience in Melbourne. May we also not forget the true celebration of Christmas which is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. Happy Birthday Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment