Happy New Year everyone! I remember in 1999, which seemed not too long ago, I was just in Std.5 still schooling in Sri Cempaka. Everything seemed to have progressed a lot since then, things have become more advanced and modern, just take a look at the movies and you will see how far we have progressed in terms of technology.
I am glad that I live to see the day of 1st January 2010. Who knows how fast time will pass and it will be 2020 already. This new year's day has been quiet for me, as I was supposed to go out to Federation Square in Melb, but alas it was raining, hence decided not to go out after all.
Since it is 2010, for the fun of it, I would like to do 10 things which would sort of be at the back of my mind as I go ahead my business in the beautiful year of 2010. These 10 things should be something fun, exciting and challenging, and then at the end of 2010 I will review these 10 things to see how much of it I have actually accomplished!
Here is my list of the 10 things I would like to see done in 2010:
1. Own a car in Melbourne, can be first hand or second hand, but need to get a car!
2. Join a poker tournament in Melbourne, not a playful one, but an actual poker tournament with people whom I don't know.
3. Give a public speech in front of at least 100 people, it can be about any topic and any duration, as long as it is a public speech.
4. Treat at least up to 10 students to coffee and get to know them better, lending a hand and seeing how I can help in order to be a better tutor.
5. Plan an event for a friend, it can be a birthday/farewell/special occasion, as long as I do the hard work of organising it for him/her.
6. Join and be involved in 2 new clubs in uni that I have had previously no connection with, just to put myself out there to learn the most I can.
7. Participate in a charity drive that lasts at least the whole day without expecting anything in return.
8. Finish reading any 10 books about finance/business by the end of the year.
9. Be able to speak at least basic mandarin to someone fluent in mandarin without the help of a friend in speaking it.
10. Learn how to cook a traditional Malaysian dish.
With these goals in mind, may 2010 be a successfull and prosperous one for anyone out there who has goals as well (including myself =P) and let it be an exciting year for all where plans don't go according to plans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey should treat me coffee as i'm one of ur student too:D
Sure Wendy!
Post a Comment