Saturday, January 23, 2010

More good news flowing

More good news seems to be flowing to me this month and last. Thanks be to God.

Last morning, I just opened up my uni email to have a check whilst I was at work. My eyes opened wide when I saw the title "Scholarship Offer".

Opening the email, I got the great news that I have been offered a Commerce Honours Scholarship offer worth $5000, paid in two instalments in May and October.

That is just great news!

It is actually my first scholarship ever, period.

So you can imagine how happy I was. The first person I actually told was someone at work just because I saw him first. But after that I started telling a few of my good friends, and promised them that a treat would be on me!

Who wouldn't be happy at such news?

Who wouldn't be happy at such a string of news? First I got 2 subject prize awards which gave me money, and now suddenly more money.

Previously I was worried that I could not manage to pay off all my uni fees on my own and might need to ask Dad for some help. But this time around, I managed to do it!

And then later on in the same day, I got the news that I had been offered an interview for a tutoring position for the subject Corporate Finance, the subject at which I got one of the subject prizes for.

Does good news come this often? I seriously doubt so. It was probably because of God's gift and what we sow, we reap in later periods.

I have not expected this, and would not change my expectations in the future.

At least, for now, I am glad. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratz!!u truely deserve it Josh!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- l e s l e y* - said...

Congrats Josh =)!

Haha will reply your fb wall post soon ;). Haha you mean, "what we sow, we reap in later periods" not the other way round ;).

Take care =)!

Kenjisan said...

Thanks Wendy and Lesley!

Glad to know you are frequent readers of my blog. Love your comments!

And thanks Les for the mistake pointed out hahaha. How are you!

Audrey said...

Once again, Congrats JOSH! I'm so happy for you :)