5 mins later my brain was working again, and I quickly came to my senses, called him back and off we went to the Aust Open exhibition match!
It was an exciting event for all of us, Kelvin also managed to invite a lot of people as well. I did my bit as well and managed to invite Li Hong and her friend along. I think this was an event nobody should miss!
It was a long queue outside but we finally managed to get inside the Rod Laver Arena after a wait that didn't seem that long, but actually took quite long. It was because we had so many lovely friends whom we could just chat with and time would really fly.
Inside the Rod Laver Arena, we watched as 16,000 people filled the stadium and we waited excitingly for all the star players to come.
The star players that came to the event were people like Nadal, Federer, Hewitt, Roddick, Serena Williams, Djokavic (I hope I got his name right!) and a few others whom were pros but I didnt know their names!
The whole event itself was quite funny, as they tried to put on a tennis show for us and entertain us with their matches (which was real of course), but every tennis pro was given a microphone next to their mouth and they could chat to each other and the whole audience could hear them. Some of them have a really good sense of humour and managed to crack up many jokes.
The crowd and us were enjoying it alot!
The matches were soon underway, and we managed to see some real pro tennis shots. It was amazing really, as Nadal managed to one time serve up to 200 km per hour, which I reckon is really fast!
We also got to see a lot of Federer's awesome moves and why he is the greatest tennis player yet.
All of them were really fit and fast on their feet and just knew what to do at the right time.
Overall, the experience was wonderful and I had a great Sunday out!
The whole event lasted just a little over 1 hour and 30 minutes. Too bad it didn't last longer like a real tennis event.
All this just for 10 bucks, it was the best 10 bucks I ever spent! Looking forward to more bargains like this in the future. Have to thank Kelvin for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment