Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kelvin's Farewell

This whole week has been quite sad, because my good friend Kelvin Chuah Rhun Kiet is leaving Australia.

After much trying to persuade his supervisor to let him stay on to either do honours or masters, it is fate that he has to go back to Malaysia and work this year.

To make it a good farewell, we gave him a little present.



Organised by mua, my idea was to get him a shirt of Australia then get everyone to sign on it, so that he will remember all of us and that the shirt will become priceless in 10 years to come.



Besides the shirt, we also got him a portable keyboard and a digital photo frame to remember us all as a farewell present.

Kelvin also organised a farewell at his place that night where about 20 or more people came, and was themed as a potluck event. I didn't know what to bring and in the end I just got a pack of 6 VB beer which I am sure those who drank it appreciated it!

The food that night was awesome as well, there were many different Malaysian delicacies as well as pizza and a very, very nice cheesecake that Amanda had made!



We also played a game trying to name everyone who was present that night, so I will try it once again - Kim Chew, Germaine, Su Mei, Amanda, Qin Yao, Liyana, Farouq, Amira, Asiah, DaWei, Wei Na, Tu, Monique, KuChai, Su Yan, Ee Jen, Victoria, Geok Lin and finally Kelvin! Not forgetting myself too.

I guess in a way it was memorable because it was Kelvin's farewell, the guy whom seems to know everyone and also my good buddy.

This year will be pretty different, I have to say, without Kelvin around. Our lives revolves a lot around each other indirectly and also directly. To just mention a few, we joined clubs together, study together, manage Kenjisan Investments together, play poker together, drink and hang out together, and last but not least his house is like the place I always go to if I wanted to stay over in the city at night.

Thanks for being a great friend, and I am sure that our friendship has a long way more to go.

Cheers for it to last forever!

No comments: