There are a few reasons, one being that all my relatives are in Malaysia (most of them) and so there are not people to visit or celebrate with family in Melbourne. Also, Melbourne is a western city, and so CNY is not as main event as it is in Malaysia.
Nevertheless, that did not stop me from celebrating this year in Little Bourke St. Jolene, Pei Yee, Yip and myself managed to organise something for ourselves on CNY day itself. We went to the city, to Little Bourke St at quite early in the morning, around 10am, and saw the amazing display of fire-crackers, lion dancing and martial arts there.
They were really good and prepared. There was one act where the lions had to go on top of poles and perform their tricks there, which was really dangerous. One lion fell to the ground, injuring itself in the process, which I felt was really unlucky for them, but luckily it was not as bad as I thought it was because the lion stood up again and somewhat continued what it was doing, albeit in a milder manner.
After the initial celebration, we headed to A1 Cafe for some lunch. There we tried the delicious dishes that comes with egg chiffon. Talking about it now actually makes me hungry already, since I have just woken up and have not yet had any food. I love the food at A1 Cafe, it is very delicious and always keeps customers coming back for more.
After lunch, we walked around Russel St and Little Bourke St to see all the stores that were set up just for the CNY celebrations. It was a refreshing experience and I love the joyful mode of that event. The fire-crackers were very loud too causing me to be abit deaf after the event, but it wasn't that big an impact. It was a good Sunday and it was good to see some traditional Chinese events. At least the CNY spirit is there which I thoroughly enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment