Today I have just had the longest day I have had in a looooong time.
Why you ask?
I just came home from the Finance Honours Retreat!
Where you ask? *must be thinking of somewhere cool*
The Melbourne Museum!
*gasps*
*That is a lame place.*
It is quite a cool place actually. It was held at a specific venue inside the Melbourne Museum, better known as the TreeTop.
It was a cosy place, well decorated and airconditioned, I cannot complain much. We were well treated with many delicious sandwiches and coffee/orange juice to come with it. I must've had like 4 meals today.
But the whole day started at 8.45am and it just ended at 11.15am, what a long day! I am happy, however, that it is finally over.
Throughout the whole day we were briefed about what we should expect throughout the year, about managing our expectations, preparing early for the research essay and what we need to successfully pass the honours year. I was starting to think that my year of relaxation isn't going to turn out that relaxing after all!
It was good, however, to meet alot of new friends and connect back with old friends whom I wasn't that close to before. It seems that this year the honours batch is like 27 guys and 3 girls, which is quite biased towards guys! Some say that honours year will be the best year of our lives, and I will definitely look forward to it! It is a wholly different environment with the classes now going to be very small and everyone is alot closer to each other. I feel I am beginning to be closer to some of them already!
We had quite a good dinner with all the staff from the Department of Finance, Li-Ren Yu the winner of last year's Finance Honours Medal and also my head-tutor for CorpFi and people from Macquarie Capital. We were served a 3 course meal (which was not bad!) and had a lovely time chatting with all the people on my table. They specially set up tables for us in front of a museum gallery to make it special, and indeed it was! They also gave us CabCharge cards to taxi our way home after the event, how nice.
This is the first time I have been treated so nicely by the Department of Finance, as a student you have got to feel special! I think I will remember this day for a long time to come. Definitely when honours is nearing an end, I will always remember the beginning, the beginning that was the Finance Honours Retreat. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment