Hi all friends,
This will be the third and final review of the amazing Avalanche camp I've recently attended.
Friday&Saturday, 13-14th July 2007
Friday morning was a really sleepy morning. We woke up feeling tired but yet excited for the day's events. Our team, team Armada was already coming in 2nd in the games. I was excited that we might win the games event. We had to go through one more day's worth of games to see the overall winner. We had another round of meaningful devotion in the morning and it was off to breakfast.
Thank God the breakfast was nice again. I didn't really had much to eat the last night because of all the hype and I actually forgot to eat. But the breakfast was filling and so I was ready for the day. After a few announcements at the breakfast hall, it was Session 5. Pastor Scott spoke about avalanches in our lives and how we can be and avalanche. He focussed alot on the basics as he stressed that it was the most important part of all. Each of us had to mold a character inside of us that was essential to start an avalanche. We were all like baby snowflakes. Session 6 followed.
We then had an exciting evening of games. Amongst the games were that we were suppose to fit as many team members as possible into a smallish square. It was really fun as we all got to hug each other and small Kimmy was on me, as we tried to fit into the square. There were other games too such as throwing paper aeroplanes into another small square, a tongue twister game, picking the odd sandwich out and also line soccer. I reckon it wasn't the games that counted but the time we spent with our team members that were most meaningful and fun.
After alot of sweating and tiredness, we then had to practice our skit that we were given. The topic was "The Greatest Gift of All". Adora Goh, our team leader, was really supportive as she welcomed everyone's ideas and we all got going to the practising pretty fast. I learnt alot about being a team player in these circumstances. The ability to welcome ideas, tolerate opinions and work together with others is most pleasant when learnt in these conditions.
It was time for dinner but we only had the skit in our heads. Having a fast dinner we all rushed back to the practising as we perfected our skit. Some parts were really funny and with a good example by JP "Rudolf", we got the idea of how we were supposed to act. It was the last minutes before presentation and all of us were not nervous at all. We just continued laughing, and didn't care how well we'd perform as long as we'd have fun.
Presentation time came and we enjoyed all the other groups performances. Ones that stood out were the Snowflake's journey by Team Blizzard and the Nine Fruits of the Spirit by Team Billabong. Our own team's presentation was awesome too, in my opinion. We made the audience laugh alot and our acting looked so real! We ended that night with the last session preceded by awesome worship and praise.
The next morning I was one of the few to wake up first as I had breakfast duty. It was a good morning, but with only 5 hours of sleep. So throughout the day I was basically a living zombie. Nevertheless, it was really worth it as we concluded the camp with testimonies and a group photo. I actually braved myself to go up and give a testimony I felt God was calling me to do.
The bus ride back was little short of amazing. I was sleeping, talking, chatting and having a great time, even though I felt most of my friends were on the other bus. A few of us like Daniel, Thean, Ming Fung, Jenny, Rebekah and her boyfriend cracked up some really interesting conversation and it lasted almost half the trip. Amazing what a few friends I'm totally strangers with can do in a bus. The whole bus was practically celebrating with us in the front.
Overall, this camp was really refreshing and there are some values I would personally like to bring back with me from the camp. I felt my life's direction has changed and I will live meaningfully int he future. I want to put my life in a direction I would follow for the rest of my life. And I felt camp helped me in that in alot of ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. Wedding Dress Shops. Louboutin Shoes cheap mobile phone. Vintage Wedding Dresses
Post a Comment