Saturday, July 28, 2007

A new semester

Week 1 has finally passed and I feel much more belonged to university again. This whole new semester showcases a few new subjects for me. For the first time ever, I will be learning Finance in the classroom! I chuckled when I see the professor trying to explain to everybody else who feels so new towards finance what is the role of a bank or the meaning of shares. Personally, I feel it helps to learn it via the classroom, but real learning can only come through practical experience out there in the open.

The other subjects I will be learning are Accounting Transactions and Analysis, Business Process Analysis and Introductory Macroeconomics. For BPA, it is together a whole new subject for me, and I really look forward to discover what they have in store for me. So far I have learnt that, every business needs an Informations System. The reason is to be able to store data, convey data, and intepret data in an easy way through that system. It helps to keep your data in many many files, but an easier way, and it gives less headaches, is to store it in an informations system.

Macroeconomics, the subject I feel most privileged to learn because I am finally understanding what exactly is inflation, and also the meaning of the all-famous term GDP, which stands for Gross Domestic Product by the way. I look forward to 4 months of macroeconomics, it will be a fresh start to a new area of study.

But by far the most useful and my favourite, is Accounting. No other subject can really help me in my investing other than Accounting. It is so practical and actually relates to financial reports. This relevance is what I search for and I know is something that I can definitely take away after my time at university.

I have a feeling second semester will be much better(and less boring) for me and alot others out there. If my co-eds are reading this, wish you all a happy and fun 2nd semester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwaahahahha! Awesome. xoxwedding gowns with sleeves �� cheap mobile phone.