I am quite certain of a certain ability that I have which has helped me do well in past/present exams. Today I had my OB exam, and as usual, there was not enough time to complete the whole paper for so many people. However, I managed to complete it just in time. I don't know why I can do it, maybe you can say that God had given me the ability to write fast, think at the same time and coordinate my actions well.
From the reviews I had got today from friends having done the exam, most of them have either: 1) couldn't finish the exam, 2) couldn't answer some parts of the question because they had forgotten or 3) didn't write as much. This maybe not entirely through for everyone who had done the exam, but for myself, I certainly felt I answered it to the best I could, even if that best wasn't great.
I think I can write fast. Ever since I was young, I used to have writing competitions with my friends in class as a joke, see who could write a whole essay out the fastest. That I think helped me to train my hand and made me able to write very fast, and whilst writing I could flip the pages of the test paper and check for quotes to copy down from the case study. This coordination also stems from the fact that I used to like to play this PC game called Starcraft. In that game, you were supposed to do so many things at once, I got used to the hand-eye coordination.
Secondly, during exams I think I can improvise fast. For example, if there was a situation when I didn't know the answer, I can write and explain until I 'got' the answer somehow, that the examiner has to give me some marks, if not full marks, for answering the question! I learnt that during my literature studies in high school and college, where I had to extensively use quotes from the case study to prove a point. So I would write alot of rubbish and randomly take quotes from the case study to prove my point, so it had to be right.
Most of all, thank God for the OB exam today. As I was not very well, I didn't have much energy to write non-stop for 2 hours, but because God gave me the energy, I felt I could finish the paper even though halfway I was pretty sure I ran out of energy to write. Furthermore, I didn't study much the night before because I was just sick, and couldn't do much. And exam was the next day. Luckily all went well, despite the fact that I had been preparing for another case study that never came out. Because we were given 3 case studies to prepare for, and only one of them would come out. The one that came out wasn't that prepared for. But all went well in the end, thank God!
I do look forward to my next paper which is next Monday. Hopefully everything is smoother for the next paper. I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment