Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A fun two days with friends aplenty

The last two days has been exciting, because mainly I managed to catch up with some old friends.

1. Alvin's Birthday Party at Grove Train, Westfield Doncaster

My good friend, Nicole, gave me a ride there. We all met up at the restaurant Grove, which is just outside the new Village cinema in Westfield. There was so many people whom I have not met for a long time, can say a few months, some even half a year. To Nicole K, Jonno, Angela, Ron, Jeff, June, Ming Fung, Marcus, Thean, Alvin, Hannah, Josh, Stella, Nicole T and others who came, it was good meeting with you guys. I ordered my favourite as usual, which is a chicken hamburger with fries. It cost alot but the food was really good. I will definitely come back there again. The atmostphere was nice too, but the nicest was catching up with old friends.

2. Picnic at Jeu Ann's house

We all had to bring something colourful to the picnic. The theme was:

Something new, something overdue,
Something brought, something colorful.

It was like a potluck. So I was thinking quite hard about what was colorful. In the end I decided to cook spaghetti marinara with marinara mix I bought from Safeway. The end result was good, because alot of friends praised my cooking. I managed to make alot of new friends at the picnic, because basically all I knew at the picnic is Jeu Ann, Tasia, Jessica and Ferlene. I managed to meet some really nice people including Gareth, Zen and Sam. So the picnic was quite eventful with everyone bringing all kinds of food. There were chips, sushi, noodles, salad, pasta, and many drinks. Someone even brought beer. But we had alot of fun, and played games like Taboo, Mafia, Chinese Whispers and Cherades.


All in all, I enjoyed the last two days and looking forward to what is left of my holidays!