Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lunch with Econometrics lecturer and a Nobel Laureate

Today all the finalists from the Econometrics group project competition were brought out to lunch by our beloved professor and a Nobel Laureate known as Stan.

We were all blessed because we got to have a wonderdul Italian lunch at Lygon Street with our professor and a famous guy. The group of us (about 17 people) walked all the way to Lygon Street from the law building straight after the lecture.

We went to this Italian restaurant called Spaghettata. For those food enthusiasts, the food there is actually not bad! To start off, our lecturer poured each of us a lot of wine. First, there was white wine. Then there was red wine. I was drinking quite a lot and talking to the guys. Our conversation became abit high under the influence of alcohol and we started to tell a lot of jokes. It was so funny.

But we were still in control of ourselves, luckily. Our professor was there and noone wanted to embaress theirselves. Soon after we ordered our main dish, it came, and oh how delicious mine was. It was the Risotto Marinara. They actually put a lot of seafood on it! And that made it such a special dish. I am grateful for the nice Italian restaurants on Lygon street.

After many more drinks and a shot, and after all the food, we continued to talk, talk and chatted for about 1 hour more. In the end, our lecturer paid the bill (so generous!). It was good to know some of the finalists there who won the top 4 in the competition. It turns out that my group was the youngest there! And we won number 1. So happy for that!

But it was a wonderful experience to remember having lunch with my professor who taught me Quantitative Methods 1 and now Econometrics. In my university life, it was good having him as my lecturer. Thanks for the lunch!

7 comments:

Sue Ann said...

wow, QM1 lecturer!! that brings back memories from the asia centre all the way back many years ago, haha.

Kenjisan said...

hahah. His name is Vance Martin, do u rmb?? haha.

Sue Ann said...

oh yeh, thats right! i remembered Vance, but couldn't think of his last name, hehe.

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros are all over 300 dollars on every site. But finally I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular make. The prices seeking the shoes were approximately 210 pounds everwhere. But completely I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the velcros were around 310 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you say about it?