Thursday, May 21, 2009

The UBS Finals

Thank you to all those who supported us.

The UBS Finals was a truly memorable event. We worked reallyhard to get to where we were, and it is good to see so many like minded people there around us. It was in the UBS offices in Melbourne on Exhibition Street. There were 4 teams that went to the final, including us. The UBS experience has been nothing short of really fun as this is our third time actually joining the competition.

From first year, we got the Best First Year team totally by accident.
From second year, where we worked really hard and yet we did not win.
To the current third year, where we worked with just one goal in mind and got to top 4.

Our presentation to the judges was really fun. We got to meet the guy who put together all of the case studies for us all these 3 years. His name is Nick Alexander, a guy who focuses alot on the details. When we walked into the presentation room, we saw that he already had a calculator ready, and we thought whoa this guy must be quite serious.

Nevertheless, we managed to answer most of his questions. However, we made a mistake in our presentation and that cost us. In the end, we didn't win because of that mistake. But we still really enjoyed it alot!

I will surely remember this experience as the prime one in my university years. One day, just maybe, I will be an investment banker like them too. I truly find it enjoyable and I guess I am also a very driven person and like to work, so I guess I will find that kind of job fun. But to many other people, I know that it won't be.

If I am still around in uni next year, I will definitely give it a go again. However, this time my current team would've gone because half of them will finish uni by the end of this year. We will see, we will see. God bless those who are currently searching for their passion, God bless those who have already found their passion.