It was my first time coming to the Victoria Night Market even though I had been in Melbourne for the past 4 years. The reason? I guess I only travelled around Melb for sight-seeing when my parents are around, seldom I go out with friends sight-seeing. Usually me going out with friends would be for dinner/lunch reasons.
Also the Victoria Night Market is only open during summer (needless to say they are closed during the freezing winter) and this would be the time when I have just arrived back from KL and would be busy settling errands!
It was a good experience going there! Went there with Jolene, Pei Yee and Marina(Jolene's housemate). The night market is just like the Festival of Nations at my uni multiplied by about 4 times. There were just tonnes of restaurants around, selling all sorts of different food types and also all sorts of goodies, ranging from funny hats to posters.
It is, however, very different to the night market experience in Malaysia. In KL, you have a lot of illegal stuff and usually no/little beer would be in sight. In Melb, you have no illegal stuff at all and there are tonnes of Aussies around drinking beer. What a different sight! Which one do I prefer more? Hard to say. I never really enjoyed going to the night market in Malaysia alot. I mean yes it's interesting going once, but after that, it is usually the same. I guess the same goes for Melb.
We had some sort of Roti Canai from one of the stalls which was good. And also listened to some guy singing oldie songs. It was a refreshing experience really. One of the good ways to celebrate a good holiday night, instead of just being at home. I would definitely recommend the night market to friends wishing to go in the future. Actually, this coming Wednesday would be the last time it is open before next summer, so I'd recommend you go fast! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so fast end? cant make it dis year. sob!!
Yea come back to melb faster so you dont miss more =DD
Post a Comment